Today I will be posting about the Outstanding Blogger Award. Thank you so much to Maya @HerBookishDesires for the nomination! I’m really honored to have been thought of for this, it completely made my day. Please go check out Maya’s blog, it’s one of my favourites! 😊
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
1. If you could live in one bookish setting, where would you live?
I would love to live in Frell where Ella from Ella Enchanted is from, mostly because I like the idea of there being fairies and other mythical creatures living amongst humans in the world.
2. Favorite book cover of 2020 (the book does not have to be published in 2020, you just had to read it!)
I love this cover, and I loved the book too!
3. What have you learned (about yourself, blogging, reading) since you started blogging?
Blogging and reading has strengthened my value of friendships. There are so many kind, thoughtful people in this community, and it felt good to be so welcomed right off the bat. I feel like the older you get, the less faith you start to have in humanity, but being here makes me believe that there are lots of wonderful people out there. It is just a huge bonus that they happen to share in my hobby!
4. What gets you out of a reading and/or blogging slump?
Taking a break from reading/ blogging is really the only thing that works for me! Then eventually I get bored or curious as to what books are out there, or I get inspired after reading someone else’s blog posts to start back up again. I think the biggest challenge though is realizing that it’s okay to take a break if I need to. Reading and blogging are my hobbies, not part of a checklist of things I have to get done every week, so if I need to take a break, I need to remind myself that it’s totally okay!
5. Why did you start book blogging?
I had recently fallen back in love with reading and wanted an outlet to share all my bookish thoughts, since my friends IRL didn’t share in that passion as much as I did. Sometimes you just need to scream into the void about something you love, you know? 😇
6. What is your most hated book trope? Most loved?
I don’t really hate any book tropes enough to use the word hate, but I would say one of my least favourite is insta-love. One of my most favourite is lovers to sorta-enemies to lovers (as you might be able to tell from my love of You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle above)! 🙌
7. If you could only pick 3 books to read for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Kaya @AFictionalBookworm
- Kristin @KristinKravesBooks
- Aoife @PrettyPurplePolkadots
- Kira @KiraJeanette
- Mandy @DevouringBooks
- Sofia @BookishWanderess
- Mayeesha @HeadOverBooks
- Ashmita @TheFictionalJournal
- Leelynn @SometimesLeelynnReads
- Sofii @ABookAThought
- Describe yourself in a single word.
- What are three random facts about yourself?
- If you came back in your next life as an animal, which would you be?
- If you could turn any book into a movie, which would it be and why?
- What’s your favorite thing about your book blog?
- What do you like the most about the country you are living in now?
- Are you in any fandoms? If so, what are they?
Thank you again to Maya for the nomination, and as always do not feel pressured to do the tag! ❤️